A valid Ukrainian passport is shown to the driver when boarding the bus and the passenger does not need a separate ticket. You can also travel with a passport certificate issued by the police, the border control authority or the Finnish Immigration Service (Migri). The certificate shall bear a stamp and a photograph of the passport issued by the authority.
In the Waltti region you can travel with a Ukrainian passport without a separate ticket as follows:
- On public transport in the Hämeenlinna region until the end of 2022.
- In Jyväskylä, Laukaa and Muurame Link local traffic until 31.5.2022.
- In Kajaani public transport until 30.4.2022.
- In local traffic in the Kotka-Hamina-Pyhtää area until 15.5.
- In public transport in the Kuopio region until 30.4.
- In traffic in the Lahti region until 30.4.
- In local traffic in Lappeenranta until 30.4.2022 or at most during the Ukrainian war.
- In Mikkeli public transport until 31.7.2022 or at most during the Ukrainian war.
- In Oulu public transport until 30.4.2022.
- In local traffic in Rovaniemi in Linkkar until 31.7.2022.
- The city of Vaasa offers a 30-day ticket for every Ukrainian arriving at the reception center, which gives them free travel on Vaasa's public transport.
More information on each traffic area's own website.